Monday, May 30, 2016

Over the weekend



 Look what happens when you think they weren't working over the weekend and didn't go and double check. Monday morning I went to check on the building and found the whole back row finished, and filled in around the pillars. They also had the row dug up for the middle row of pillars and were measuring where to put the center of each pillar using fish strings from above, and one hanging down from the intersections. Very creative way to figure out where they needed to go.

figuring out where the center of the first pillar should be                                                                              

By the time I went back to check on them mid morning they already had the bases framed in and were pouring cement into them. I'm amazed at the accuracy that the back hoe driver has to be able to put the cement in just the right spot in those squares of cement. I could watch him for a long time. Too bad teaching duties keep getting in the way and calling me back to work.  

When he dumps the cement into the holes I think it sounds
like rain. I definitely wouldn't want to be caught in the middle
of that shower though filled with rocks, sand and cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment