Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Plugging along

They just keep working. Yesterday they got the bases poured, and when I went this morning they already had the grates down and were wiring the pillars in place. This took a lot of accuracy checking to make sure they were in the exact right spot before the cement could be poured. They also used boards to hold them upright at a 90 degree angle using a level. It was funny to watch the guy that was doing the checking as he had a mouth full of beetle nut working along. I've made friends with the foreman and the workers. They have told me that I need to come and visit them everyday to give them encouragement. I'm only too happy to as I get to map the progress of the building and share it with you. I've always been one who likes watching people work, and this is a whole new building set up and structure I've never seen done before. I love watching them. My plan is to take them cake sometime soon to ensure our friendship, my welcome into their working area, and to thank them for building this for us. Who knows, maybe they'll see a little bit of our Father as well :)  
wiring the pillar to the grate

Making sure it is at a 90 degree angle

pouring cement in the first pillar

raining cement, I once again want to pin point the
accuracy he has when dumping this. The guy at
top on the edge is the foreman (as far as I can tell).

No comments:

Post a Comment